Thursday, April 9, 2009

its a rainy day!

t is a rainy day.After a long and hot time it's finally here to quench out the earth. I’m on my way back to my home. We drive through in strong dust laden winds amidst light drizzle in the late evening. He drops me at a corner and I catch a tempo to the border, and instantly the rain catches up. Dust settles and in the air there is a familiar scent of the moist soil. When the moisture laden winds bring along this aroma, even the most dispirited would probably for a moment forget and indulge in a rapture of delight, become ecstatic. Such is the sorcery of the first rain. I enjoy my tempo ride and the sprinkle of rain water brought upon me by the strong winds. I reach the border get out of the tempo and make a run for the other side where I would catch a van that would drop me home. My timing is just right to set my rendezvous all the people leaving for their homes from work, a whole day of tiring effort to sustain the means of satisfying the basic necessities of their lives. The place is jostling with activity. Many take shelter in the shade to keep dry. Most of the others make a run foe wherever they are heading, but a few seem to be not in a hurry as if just enjoying their good time. In this chorus of delightful shouting and squealing I can feel the joy around me and I’m not untouched by it. My heart is leaping with elation. I’m running, not necessarily because I don’t want to get wet, but because in my jubilation I wish so, to pacify the adrenaline pumped in my body by the falling rain drops. I catch a van that will drop me in front of my home. I now calmly sit in my seat and observe through the window the rainwater washing away the dusty road just as it washed away the weariness of my body and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment